Each year, Scottish Crucible brings together 30 highly promising researchers from across Scotland. Participants are competitively selected from a well-qualified field of applicants all of whom are employed as Early Career Researchers i.e. either Senior Postdoctoral Fellows, Academic Research Fellows or Lecturers in Scottish universities, or their equivalents in independent research institutes, SMEs and spin-out companies.
But it doesn’t all end after Crucible. These participants become our alumni, or ‘Cruciblists’ and are invited to a range of events, from Crucible socials to the annual Crucible Forum.
- Scottish Crucible 2018: Heriot-Watt University; University of Glasgow; Abertay University
- Scottish Crucible 2017: University of Edinburgh, University of Stirling, University of the West of Scotland
- Scottish Crucible 2016: Edinburgh Napier University, University of St. Andrews, University of Strathclyde
- Scottish Crucible 2015: Moredun Research Institute, University of Dundee, Robert Gordon University
- Scottish Crucible 2014: University of Edinburgh, University of St. Andrews, University of Glasgow
- Scottish Crucible 2013: Heriot-Watt University, University of Stirling, University of Aberdeen
- Scottish Crucible 2012: Queen Margaret University; Glasgow Caledonian University; University of Dundee
- Scottish Crucible 2011: Edinburgh Napier University; University of the Highlands and Islands; Strathclyde University
- Scottish Crucible 2010: Heriot-Watt University; University of Stirling; University of Glasgow
- Scottish Crucible 2009: University of Edinburgh; University of St Andrews; University of Aberdeen
We also feature our Cruciblists in ‘Spotlights‘, with details of their research interests and contact information for prospective projects.